Monday, October 3, 2016

Deadlift day!

In a minor miracle I DID run very early Friday morning in Australia before we left for the airport (:30 with 6 x 1:00 easy), but a sinus infection was already descending upon me and I became runnier and runnier about the nose as the flight progressed, ugh.....

Jet lag plus sinuses meant no run Saturday or  Sunday, which just made me feel miserable, and today I didn't run because I was saving vim and lungs for lifting, which really was a good choice I think.  I will run tomorrow daytime for sure.  

I love lifting with my team so much, I am going to miss them horribly over the coming 8 weeks at Oxford!  

(Hopeful about Oxford powerlifting folks, only I see from their schedule that their central midweek workout overlaps with my one obligatory weekly evening Balliol obligation, so I don't know how it's really going to work out.)

Anyway, sets as follows:

(1) 2 x 2 @ 70% one-rep max deadlift with 4-second eccentric tempo (171), 2 x 4 @ 171

(2) squats (felt good I got this one done properly):

2 x 3 @ 62.5% (103)
1 x 2 @ 70% (115)
1 x 1 @ 75% (124)

(3) 4 x 10 banded hip thrusts with 3-second hold

1hr lower body, very enjoyable too (the deadlift is my favorite lift for sure). Ready for this cold to go away!

No comments: